About the Program
To help support the safe and responsible use of e-vehicles (e-bikes, e-scooters and e-skateboards), Irvine Unified School District middle and high schools have partnered with the Irvine Police Depart and will host safety presentations as part of IUSD’s new mandatory e-vehicle registration program.
Middle and high school students who travel to and from school using an electric vehicle are required to attend one of the following e-Vehicle Safety Presentations by the Irvine Police Department.
Please note: Middle school parent/guardian attendance is required to learn the rules and expectations of using e-vehicles safely and responsibly. As our vital partners, your support is critical to helping keep students safe.
Students will learn:
- About the different e-vehicles
- Rules of the road and e-bike laws
- Helmet safety
- Rules for e-bike passengers
- How to avoid distracted operation of e-vehicles
- Safety concerns
- IUSD’s mandatory registration program and school procedures
Safety Presentation Dates
- August 22, 6:00pm at Portola High School – Performing Arts Center
- August 29, 6:00pm at Northwood High School – Performing Arts Center
- September 5, 6:00pm at Irvine High School – Performing Arts Center
- September 12, 6:00pm at Woodbridge High School – Performing Arts Center
- September 14, 6:00pm at University High School – Multi-Purpose Room
Proof of Attendance and Parking Permit
At the end of the presentation student attendees and their parent/guardian will fill out a digital verification of attendance form, which will be sent to their middle or high school of attendance. Students and their parent/guardian must also complete and submit a Student e-Vehicle Registration Form provided by their school during registration to obtain a parking permit sticker. Students are required to have a parking permit to park their e-vehicle on campus.