School counselors provide counseling sessions in individual and small-group setting to help students overcome issues impeding achievement or success, including difficulties dealing with relationships, personal concerns, or normal developmental tasks. Counseling is planned and goal-focused and it is short-term in nature. School Counselors do not provide therapy or long-term counseling in schools to address psychological disorders.
- Individual counseling
- Promote school-wide kindness campaign through “Be Nice to People” movement
- Organize field trips to promote social and cultural growth
- Parent Outreach: Collaborate with PTA and guest speakers for informational meetings on topics pertaining to parenting, mindfulness and technology use
- Facilitate monthly new student luncheons
- Crisis Counseling: Counseling, comfort, and support are provided to students and families facing traumatic situations
- Referrals to community resources