Individual or small-group counseling: School counselors work with students analyzing and evaluating students’ abilities, interests, skills, and achievement. Test information and other data are often used as the basis for helping students develop immediate and long-range plans.
- Individual academic counseling
- Tracking academically at-risk students
- Place academically at-risk students in counselor-led tutorials
- Help oversee after-school academic intervention program with peer tutors
- Look at data to identify students in need of supports and interventions